Math Division – Mental Maths Tricks
Are you looking to develop your Math Division mental maths skills? If so, then you have come to the right place! Dividing integers can be tricky but the following rules will help you decide whether a number can be divisible by another single digit number. This is a great set of mental maths tricks to help you do this and one that should be shown to all budding mathematicians. Do not forget to take a look at another set of mental maths tricks about ways in which to learn your times tables.
Developing mental maths is very important in Mathematics and it is a skill that is gradually being neglected in schools across the globe. Learners are getting more and more dependent on technology and struggle to even do the most simple mental Maths.
Comments are FREE, please leave one below.
Maths Division Tricks
Divisible by 2
- When a number is even i.e. the number ends in 0,2,4,6,8
Divisible by 3
- When the sum of the digits is a multiple of 3 i.e. 462, 4+6+2 = 12, 12 is in the 3 times table, 462 is divisible by 3.
Divisible by 4
- When a number’s last 2 digits are divisible by 4 i.e. 12,624, 24 is in the 4 times table.
Divisible by 5
- When a number ends in 0 or 5.
Divisible by 6
- When a number is divisible by 2 and 3.
Divisible by 8
- When the last 3 digits of a number is in the 8 times table. i.e. 7168 , 168 is divisible by 8
Divisible by 9
- When the sum of the digits of a number is in the 9 times table.
- When a number ends with 0.
If you enjoyed using the resource above then make sure to check out the games and tricks available to help develop, practice and learn times tables skills.