My number word is ‘EXCELLENT’, what number word can you find?
What is the Activity?
A Number game activity that can be used for learners across a range of abilities and subjects. Please leave a comment on how you use the resource in the comments section below. What words can you find?
How can it be used?
- Starter Task.
- Main Task.
- Plenary Task.
- Using the letter of the alphabet and assigning a number to each letter this is a fun problem solving activity.
- You could get learners to come up with some easier totals but the challenge to get to 100 develops problem solving skills.
- Can be used in any lesson across a range of different subjects.
How does it impact Teaching and Learning?
- Task and lesson becomes highly engaging and competitive.
- Can be used as an introduction to a more challenging topic.
- Allows collaborative learning and peer assessment opportunities.
- Get learners to create their own number total challenge to develop high level thinking skills.
- Makes the activity or lesson fun and memorable.