Boost your career with these free online courses
Is this the end term of your school or college? Being bored at home but cannot find anything productive to do? No matter where you are in the world, free online courses are available all across through internet portals. They are offered by renowned universities like Harvard, Staford, Oxford, etc., boosting your résumé and career prospects.
Why pursue free online courses?
Well, we ask you, why not? There are plenty of more opportunities that open up when you learn a new skill.
You are sure to be benefitted from online courses because of the following reasons:
- Without any prior knowledge of the subject, you can proceed with the beginner’s level and slowly gain expertise.
- Getting certificates from the globally esteemed universities has never been easier.
- Different portals have over thousands of courses, related or unrelated to your career path. You can enhance your knowledge or even learn an utterly diverse subject.
- Most courses are self-paced, and you can schedule the classes or reset the deadlines as per your convenience.
- Learn from the comfort of your home.
- The certificates will add more worth to your CV, and the knowledge will help you proceed with your work differently.
- You don’t need much hardware support to take up free online courses. Most of them are supported on all types of devices, across the platforms of Windows, iOS, and Android.
Google Digital Marketing Course
Google Digital Garage offers 150+ courses to help you explore your opportunities in the digital world.
- The Fundamentals of Digital Marketing is one of the bestonline coursesavailable to get practical knowledge.
- There are different modules with quizzes, that easily explain and test your understanding so far.
- The digital certificate that you get upon completion is provided by Google, adding great perks to your résumé.
Gone are the days when only a degree got you a good job. Today, you need to be well-versed with writing and public speaking, as well.
- edX, in collaboration with the University of Washington, offers a public speaking course, divided into ten lessons.
- This free online course aims at motivating you to be an excellent public speaker and teaches the skills to keep your audience engaged.
- Different topics covered in the course are delivering basic arguments, designing counters, making informative presentations, and making a complex argument persuasively.
For the growth of every business, small or large, Facebook is playing a vital role. If your business starts getting good followers and reach, you are sure to market and sell competently.
- With Facebook Blueprint, you get the insights of marketing on Facebook.
- The program directory is open for access, and there is no limitation on how much you can learn.
- As a premium online course, Facebook Blueprint teaches different business aspects, increasing reach, target audience, advertising, etc.
Introduction to Time Management
The ways of working in the industry have gone through a sea-change in recent times. All companies appreciate effective and efficient work patterns.
- Coursera offers a free online course on ‘Time Management’ to teach you more about these ethics.
- Just in four hours, you can understand what potential the daily 24 hours hold.
- The course covers time management, goal setting, professional awareness, and scheduling time appropriately for each task.
Buffer’s Social Media Strategy
Not only good graphics and content but posting in a strategy helps get good social media outreach.
- Provided by Skillshare, this course aims at teaching you the basics of social media usage for brand building.
- They explain the algorithms and followers of all social media platforms and make you use them for your benefit.
- The course is available for free, but Skillshare has a two months trial period. After that, you may have to pay, so try to finish the course in the stipulated time.
Achieving Personal Success
Alison also provides great courses to hone your skills. This course aims at building good habits and a healthy mindset, which benefits you in all job fields.
- It is like a guide to healthy living, teaching you practical and result-focused cognitive habits.
- The curriculum focuses on enhancing the focusing capabilities, thus helping you thrive in your workspace.
- It is a short-term, free online course that can change your perspective towards life and work.
Résumé Building Skills
The Saylor Foundation provides this course on Alison for the free perusal of students and business professionals alike.
- The first impression that you make in front of your employer is through the résumé. You must present it impressively, learning the right skills.
- The course equips you with various skills required to tactically showcase your personal information, such that the employer finds you worthy of the position.
- There are different ways of researching covered in the course so that you design a résumé with the exact details that the specific company wants you to put in.
Adobe Package for Graphic Design
Adobe Creative Cloud is the industry standard for excellent graphic designing and processing. Once you get familiar with the software, you can explore different creative horizons.
- There are separate courses for Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator offered by Udemy.
- With about 30-40 lessons for each software from Adobe Creative Cloud, you get a general idea of using the software.
- You can create high-quality graphics, animations, and process videos with proper learning.
- As the interface is simple to use, beginners can get a good grasp of the operations with free online courses.
As Lao Tzu said, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” These online courses can be your foundation steps taken towards the best career option that you will pursue. Not only will the classes benefit your professional approach, but also enhance your personality.