Top 5 reasons why every teacher or educator should be using the power of Twitter! #retweetfrenzy
First of all watch the video “Not feeling inspired lately“, this normally does the trick when trying to sell Twitter to your fellow colleagues. I usually use it as a quick starter to any training session or twilight to inspire teachers to sign up and start connecting.
Twitter has been around for several years now and it continues to get bigger and bigger. It recently celebrated its 7th birthday on 21st March 2013, and has come a long way since it’s inception and Jack Dorsey’s first ever tweet in early 2006.
The following info graphic created by @urban_teacher is great to summarise why every educator should be utilising the power that is Twitter.
— MagicalEducator (@magicalmaths) July 30, 2013
My 10 Top reasons to why every educator should be on twitter;
- The ability to Track TRENDS and stay up to date with latest changes with the global world of education.
- FOLLOW other like minded educators to increase and develop your personal learning network.
- RETWEET to share, learn and innovate with your personal learning network.
- The ability to FAVOURITE key tweets in a “file away” manner. Save and then read on a rainy day.
- Use the LIST functionality to group together types of tweets and create categorised mini twitter feeds.