Have you used Snakes and Ladders in your classroom?
What is the resource?
- A FREE printable Snakes and Ladders Board to use in your classroom. Download the resource HERE. Please leave a comment on how you use the resource in the comments section below.
How can it be used?
- Starter Task.
- Main Task.
- Plenary Task.
- Revision Lesson.
- Using the board, counter and dice in the classic way as a fun exercise and play snakes and ladders in the normal way.
- Create Question cards based on your subject, with answers as numbers and that ends up being the number of spaces the learner moves.
- Create a range of difficult question each with a rating from 1 to 6. Depending on what card you choose and whether you get it correct you move that many places.
- Can be used in any lesson across a range of different subjects.
How does it impact Teaching and Learning?
- Task and lesson becomes highly engaging and competitive.
- Reinforces the learning.
- Introduction to a more challenging topic.
- Revision of a topic or subject.
- Collaborative learning and peer assessment opportunities.
- Get learners to create their own questions for the game to develop high level thinking skills.
- Makes the activity fun and memorable.
Categorised as: Educator Toolkit | Maths Toolkit
Leave a Reply