Most OfSTED inspectors would charge some ridiculous amounts of money for this information but here it is for you completely FREE : ) !
Under the new framework the “Attainment” meeting is arguably one of the most important meetings that will happen during an OfSTED inspection. A school will not be given an Outstanding if it does not have outstanding attainment, and likewise with the judgement of good, requires improvement and inadequate. There will always be a heavy focus on achievement in the early part of an inspection. The result of this meeting will shape the profile of the inspection and therefore this meeting must be a priority to perform in.
The following is a summary of the areas that COULD possibly be discussed;
- Expected progress and better than expected progress is a key measure to judge good/outstanding schools and this will be investigated and discussed!
- Pupil Premium impact must be highlighted and must demonstrated by schools. Is the government/pupils/parents getting value for money?
- The Current status of KS4 learners were will discussed. Where are they now? Where will they be? Do you have a battle plan? Current data?
- The Current achievement of KS3 learners including progression will be probed.
- Achievement of SEN pupils will be discussed in particular statement pupils.
- The progress and attainment of key groups of learners, i.e. FSM,. BME and FSM6 learners
- Discussions and analysis of Maths and English attainment with emphasis on KS2 to KS3 progression!
Categorised as: OfSTED