How to be mentally strong
Some of the key buzz words in the educational world at the moment is pupil grit, resilience and perseverance, but how does one develop student mental strength? Below are some ideas to help you to start to think about developing your pupils’ mental strength and in the long term make them mentally strong. Encourage them to do the following;
- Do NOT fear alone time.
- Do NOT dwell on the past.
- Do NOT feel the world owes you.
- Do NOT expect immediate results.
- Do NOT worry about pleasing everyone.
- Do NOT waste time feeling sorry for yourself.
- Do NOT not waste time with things that you can not control.
- Do NOT let others influence your emotions.
- Do NOT resent other peoples’ success.
- Do NOT shy away from your responsibilities.
- Do NOT give up after the first failure.
- Do NOT fear taking calculated risks.
Categorised as: Top X