Why study Maths Alevel or Maths at University? Thinking about studying Mathematics!
- Mathematics A level and Degree graduates are in high demand by employers.
- Maths is the essential transferable component across all science, engineering, technology and maths subjects.
- Currently 59% of employers state they are having difficulty recruiting people with Mathematics skills.
- Those with maths A level earn on average around 10% more than those without.
- The average graduate starting salary is
- £17 715. However, the average starting salary for a maths graduate is £19 342.
- A person with a maths degree can expect to earn £220 000 more over their lifetime than a person whose education ceased at A level.
- You must have A level Maths if you wish to study : Maths, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or Accountancy at University.
- Geography, Psychology, Biology, Medicine and Sports Science degrees all use advanced maths skills
Study Maths – Respect
- Employers and University Admission tutors recognise A level Maths as an excellent qualification.
- Top Universities such as Cambridge value A level Maths and Further Maths along with the 3 Sciences as more suitable A level choices than others when applying for any science related degree.