What are the top 5 Maths revision books or guides for KS3 GCSE or A Level?
I am regularly asked about advice on the best Maths revisions guides or books to buy. The answer really depends on the type of student and type of Maths course they are studying. It is very important that pupil revision is active, which means the student should be doing Maths rather then just reading over a topic. To revise a topic effectively learners should be applying a skill by answering questions. Many of the Maths Revision books below have some very good problems solving activities and well defined questions with scaffolding in the correct places.
Top 5 revision books or guides for Maths revision
1) KS3 Maths Revision Book Guide – Levels 5-8 (Paperback) – Can be purchased here at the cheapest price KS3 Maths Revision Guide – Levels 5-8 (Revision Guides)
“This book is full of clear revision notes and diagrams for students studying KS3 Maths. It covers the current KS3 programme of study and is aimed at students working at levels 5-8. The whole thing’s designed to make revision straightforward – each section is split into a topic per page, with lots of handy questions to check what you’ve learnt as you go along. It’s all explained simply and thoroughly and there’s the odd joke thrown in to help break up the revision.”
2) KS3 Maths Complete Revision and Practice (Paperback) – Can be purchased here at the cheapest price KS3 Complete Practice Tests – Science, Maths and English (Practice Papers)
“This book is full of clear revision notes, detailed diagrams and practice questions for KS3 Maths. It covers the current KS3 programme of study and it’s packed with useful tips for doing well in your exams. There are also lots of exam-style questions and a complete set of practice papers (answers are at the back). It’s easy to read and revise from – everything’s explained simply, in CGP’s chatty, straightforward style.”
3) KS3 Maths Workbook (Including Answers) – Levels 5-8 (Paperback) – Can be purchased here at the cheapest price KS3 Maths Workbook (Including Answers) – Levels 5-8: Workbook and Answers Multipack – Levels 5-8
“This book is full of test-style practice questions for students studying KS3 Maths. It covers all the topics from the National Curriculum and is aimed at levels 5-8. The questions are written in a clear, straightforward style to test what you know and how well you can apply your knowledge. The answers are in the back of the book so you can easily check your work and find out where you’re going wrong. Matching study notes and explanations are also available in the CGP Revision Guide (9781841460307).”
4) GCSE Maths: Higher: Revision Guide + Exam Practice Workbook – Collins Revision (Paperback) – Can be purchased here at the cheapest price Collins Revision – GCSE Maths: Higher: Revision Guide + Exam Practice Workbook
“Collins Revision GCSE Maths is an all-in-one revision guide and exam practice workbook for Key Stage 4. Written by experienced test markers, it shows how each student can follow their level, test their knowledge, check their answers and improve. This all-in-one revision guide and workbook for GCSE Maths revision offers: / Complete coverage for the GCSE Maths Edexcel A, AQA A and AQA B Higher exams. / Accessible graded content with lots of tried and trusted Maths questions, useful graphs and illustrations. / Detachable workbook answers for flexible practice. Follow your grade, test your knowledge and improve your results at Key Stage 4.”
5) GCSE Maths Revision Guide (with Online Edition) – Higher (Paperback) – Can be purchased here at the cheapest price GCSE Maths Edexcel Revision Guide (with Online Edition) – Higher
“This updated and refreshed version of CGP’s bestselling Revision Guide is the ideal companion to Higher Level GCSE Maths – it even includes a free online edition that can be used wherever you have internet access. Every topic is explained in a concise, friendly style, with a sprinkling of CGP humour to keep things interesting. Grade information is included to show the difficulty level of each topic, and there are summary questions at the bottom of each page to test you on the important skills. And finally, a unique code is printed in the book that gives you access to the free online digital version (which also includes fully worked answers to all the test questions in the book).”
Comments are FREE, so please leave one below. If there are any Mathematics revision books or guides that you wish to add to this list please let us know.