Top 50 Maths mini plenary ideas to use in an outstanding Maths lesson
Mini plenaries – ideas to use in any lesson to demonstrate progress
If you are looking for ways to become an Outstanding Teacher then you have come to the right page.top 99 ways to demonstrate progress during an Outstanding lesson observation!
You can also check out 100 Ideas for Outstanding Lessons which is a great book to help deliver outstanding lessons!!
50 mini plenary ideas
Here are some of them;
- List three things you have learned today
- List three things your neighbour has learned today
- 60 second challenge – sum up
- Write the new words you have learned this lesson and what they mean in mathematics (also alternative meanings in other curriculum areas)
- Write three/five top tips for…
- The answer is … what is the question?
- Take one minute to compose two sentences in your head to explain what we have learnt and how we have learnt it, using the key words from the lesson
- Where can you use/apply this skill in other areas of mathematics or in other subjects?
- In pairs, answer this question on a post-it/sheet, stick it on the board and review. Does everyone agree?
- Show your work to your neighbour, work in pairs to set targets
- Self assessment – record what you’ve learnt, any difficulties you have had and set your personal targets
- Prediction – what do you think will happen next?
- Show me boards to answer True/False to statements given
If you would like to view more great ideas on demonstrating progress and get access to a powerful resource that you can use in your classroom then take a look at top 50 mini plenary ideas slide show.
Now just to add if you are budding Mathematics teacher than Becoming an Outstanding Mathematics Teacher is a great book to read and develop your Mathematics teaching pedagogy.
Try the book or some of the ideas below and let me know what you think in the comments below!
If you enjoyed using the resource above then make sure to check out the games and tricks available to help develop, practice and learn times tables skills. You will definitely be amazed with what happens to kids when they play these times tables games and learn these times tables tricks and cheats!
You will be amazed with what happens to pupils when they finish a lesson or topic using these effective ideas. This is the #1 best selling slide show resource on the site which would be an asset for any teacher, parent or educator toolkit. The slide show illustrates some of the best methods around the world to engage kids into summarising their learning and demonstrating progress. Simply bring up the slide that you want to use and display it to your class. Why not give it a try, this resource could change the way your kids see your lessons forever! Enjoy, Have Fun!! Please pass on to someone who might find this useful.