Top 20 ways to show that English is the most difficult language to learn, Agree?
English is spoken in many countries around the world and remains one of the most popular language to learn. Or does it?
From the examples below that I am definitely not taking credit for shows clearly that learning the English language is not the the most straight forward language to follow.
What are your views? Leave your comments below..
1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture..
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert..
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9) When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10) I did not object to the object.
11) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
13) They were too close to the door to close it.
14) The buck does funny things when the does are present.
15) A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16) To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17) The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear..
19) I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
20) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
Some other crazy ideas in the English Language
- There is no egg in eggplant
- No ham in hamburger
- No apple or pine in pineapple.
- English muffins were not invented in England
- French fries do not come from France
- Guinea pigs are not from Guinea or classified as a pig..
- Why do writers write but fingers don’t fing
- Grocers don’t groce and hammers don’t ham
- The plural of tooth is teeth, why isn’t the plural of booth, beeth
- One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese?
- One index, 2 indices
- If teachers taught, why didn’t preachers praught?
- If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
- Ship by truck and send cargo by ship
- Noses that run and feet that smell
- Slim chance and a fat chance are the same
- Wise man and a wise guy are opposites
- An alarm goes off by going on.