The importance of “Quality of Written Communication” – QWC – Six steps to Success!
The importance of “Quality of Written Communication” QWC – Six steps to success
In GCSE specifications that require candidates to produce written material in candidates must do the following:
- ensure that text is legible and that spelling, punctuation and grammar are accurate so that the meaning is clear
- select and use a form and style of writing appropriate to the purpose and to complex subject matter
- organise information clearly and coherently, using specialist vocabulary when appropriate.
In recent years QWC (Quality of written communication) has proved to be a very important aspect of exam practice. Maths exam questions are now being starred to lay emphasis on the quality of written communication and the marks that are available for successfully doing this.
Below are the 6 steps to success with quality of written communication in exams;
- Read the question
- Identify keywords
- Link keywords to form plan
- Construct sentences using keywords
- Underline keywords in your response to show technical knowledge
- Proof read you response