This post is one for the parent who is looking for a Maths Tutor for their child and needs some advice on making the decision a fruitful one. Choosing a Maths Tutor can be a daunting experience as the tutor normally will charge a substantial amount of money for their Maths Tutoring services, so you want to get it right.
There are many advantages and disadvantages to getting a tutor and in the current climate the financial component is a great factor in the decision of taking one on. If the learner can do without a Maths tutor then a great deal of money could be saved for a household. Here are a few things you should think about when choosing a Maths Tutor;
- Does the Maths Tutor have the relevant experience?
- Does the Maths Tutor have good communication skills?
- Does the Maths Tutor have a CRB check and is allowed to work with children?
- Does the Maths Tutor have his or her own resources?
- Does the Maths Tutor travel to locations or do you have to travel to the Maths Tutor?
- How much does the Maths Tutor charge?
- Can I afford the Maths Tutor charges?
- Does the Maths Tutor have references from previous students?
- Does the Maths Tutor have a good track record in getting results?
- Does my child really need a Maths Tutor or is it a deeper underlying issue that can be resolved at school?
- Can I be a Maths Tutor to my child?
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions @magicalmaths
Comments are disabled on this post