How do I choose a Math Tutor?
A common question I am asked by parents and pupils is “How do I choose the right Math Tutor for my child?” or “What makes a good Math Tutor?”, “How do I know my child is making progress with his Math Tutor?” or even “Should I get a Math tutor?“. So this post is one for those who are looking for a Math Tutor for their child or themselves and need some advice on making the correct decision. Choosing a Math Tutor can be a daunting experience as the tutor normally will charge a substantial amount of money for their Maths Tutoring services, so you want to get it right.
Things to consider when choosing a Math tutor
There are many advantages and disadvantages to maths tutoring and in the current climate the financial component is a great factor in the decision of taking a Math tutor on. If the learner can do without a Math tutor then a great deal of money could be saved. Here are a few things you should think about when selecting a Math Tutor;
- Does the Maths Tutor have the relevant experience?
- Does the Maths Tutor have good communication skills?
- Does the Maths Tutor have a CRB check and is allowed to work with children?
- Does the Maths Tutor have his or her own resources?
- Does the Maths Tutor travel to locations or do you have to travel to the Maths Tutor?
- How much does the Maths Tutor charge?
- Can I afford the Maths Tutor charges?
- Does the Maths Tutor have references from previous students?
- Does the Maths Tutor have a good track record in getting results?
- Does my child really need a Maths Tutor or is it a deeper underlying issue that can be resolved at school?
- Can I be a Maths Tutor to my child?
Comments are FREE, Please leave one or feel free to contact me if you have any questions @magicalmaths